The IAGD Student Pathways Scholarship
This scholarship is a one-time award of $500 – $1,000, depending upon the number of applicants, for students with disabilities pursuing fields of study within the geosciences. This scholarship is open to both full-time and part-time students.
Instructions for Applicants:
Submit the following form: Student Pathways Scholarship Form
Applications for the Student Pathway Scholarship are due on March 1st for the Spring Semester and October 1st for the Fall Semester. Only fully completed applications will be considered for the award. If you have any questions please contact Katelyn Frizzell: frizzellkatelyn at gmail.com.
Question: I am a part-time student. Am I still eligible to apply?
- Answer: Yes! Both part-time and full-time students are eligible.
Question: Do the funds have to go towards tuition costs?
- Answer: You can use these funds for any expenses that will help you remain successful in your program, including daily expenses, academic expenses, conference registration, field supplies, groceries, and other living expenses.
Question: Is there a minimum GPA for those applying?
- Answer: No! There is no minimum GPA requirement.
Question: Will GPA be a factor of determining my application success?
- Answer: No! Your GPA will not be a deciding factor for application success.
Question: What fields of study fall under the umbrella of “the geosciences”?
- The geosciences is an expansive field of study within the earth sciences broadly. Many of the subfields that fall under this umbrella can be seen here, but if you have additional questions please contact Sean Thatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question: If I applied last year but didn’t receive an award, can I apply again?
- Answer: Yes. If you are still a student, you can reapply.
Question: If I applied last year and did receive an award, can I apply again?
- Answer: Not at this time. We want to ensure that as many students as possible receive assistance in achieving their academic goals.
Question: How do I know if my application is fully complete?
- Answer: A fully completed application will generate a receipt of submission in your inbox for the email you provided on your application.