DR. LINDA REINEN!
2018 IGER AWARDEE!
The IAGD Inclusive Geoscience Education and Research (IGER) Awards recognize outstanding efforts in promoting, developing, and/or implementing inclusive instruction & research that encourages active engagement and participation of students and practitioners with disabilities in the geosciences. Recipients of these awards share the vision of the IAGD to fundamentally shift the culture of the geosciences by creating a climate of access and inclusion, celebrating the diverse abilities of all students and geoscientists, and fostering interest and engagement in geoscience academic and career pathways.
These awards are open to Earth science students, faculty and staff at all levels of academia (preK-Grad), as well as geoscience professionals, with or without disabilities, who exemplify what it means to live and work inclusively.
The IAGD will recognize one IGER Award winner for Teaching and one for Research each year selected from the entire pool of nominees.
Nomination and Selection Process
- Nominations for the 2020 awards are currently being accepted.
- Self-nominations are no longer accepted.
- Nominations will be evaluated based on the current position of the nominee and considered in two categories:
- Students from preK-12 and post-secondary, and
- PreK-12 teachers, university faculty, teaching assistants, staff, and geoscience professionals.
- Nominations can be made completing the IAGD IGER Award Nomination Form, and attaching the following documents in an email addressed to the IAGD Nominations Committee to [email protected]
- A brief statement (500 words maximum) about how the nominee has promoted access and inclusion for students with disabilities in the geosciences;
- A letter of recommendation from a student, fellow faculty member, or a colleague who can attest to the positive impact of the nominee’s actions; and
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) for the nominee.
The Award recipients will be announced via the IAGD listserv and through IAGD website and social media. Both awardees will be recognized at the IAGD annual meeting which takes place during the national meeting of the Geological Society of America.
The IAGD is looking for award sponsors! If you are interested in sponsoring the IGER Award, or for more information about the nomination process, please email [email protected].