4. IAGD community development
Development of the IAGD Website is ongoing. Go have a look! www.TheIAGD.org. We have an active “news” page (http://www.theiagd.org/category/recentnews/) as well as advice for
students on our “community” page (http://www.theiagd.org/student-support/). If you have something you’d like to add (i.e. student resources or information on current research), please send an email to: [email protected]
The IAGD is currently pursuing several projects:
- A collaboration with the IUGS (http://www.iugs.org/).
- Partnerships with other geoscience organizations and societies that promote access and inclusion to the STEM disciplines.
- A town hall meeting on accessibility in the geosciences at American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting in San Francisco, CA, USA in December.
- We are currently planning our first IAGD Annual Gathering to coincide with the 2012 Geological Society of America (GSA) Annual meeting in Charlotte, NC, USA in November. More details coming soon.