IAGD Foundation Update
Since forming in 2008, the IAGD has operated solely on volunteering, research and in-kind support. However, on Tuesday, January 20, 2015, the IAGD officially became registered with the Secretary of the State of Ohio, USA, as a Non-Profit Corporation. The new corporate status will allow us to provide opportunities for both students and faculty as they work to enhance access to the geosciences.
The primary objectives of the IAGD Foundation will be to:
1. Facilitate the participation of students and scholars with disabilities in the discipline through research seed funding, graduate student fellowships and travel support to attend and present at regional and national meetings.
2. Enhance the current IAGD inclusive instruction training program by developing new resources and content modules, and offering the workshops more frequently at regional locations.
3. Establish awards and recognition that include, for example, a best student research award and a faculty awards for fostering access and inclusion within their instruction and research.
4. Provide funding for the development of after school and informal programs that focus on accessible earth science instruction for students with disabilities.
5. Provide funding for IAGD operations.
The IAGD is currently seeking corporate sponsorship to achieve our foundation goals. IAGD sponsors will receive international recognition through the naming of awards and initiatives that promote outstanding achievements in scholarship and service that promote the advancement of access and inclusion in the geoscience profession.
For more information about sponsoring the IAGD Foundation, please contact IAGD Director, Dr. Chris Atchison at [email protected]
The IAGD Executive Committee has an immediate opening for a
Director of the IAGD Foundation.
All interest and inquiries should be submitted to [email protected]