- 2013 IAGD General Meeting. The 2013 General Meeting of the IAGD will be held concurrently with the Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2013, in Denver, Colorado, USA. The exact date and location have not been scheduled. Please watch for more information about this meeting late summer at www.TheIAGD.org.
- Executive Counselor Positions Available. Each year, the IAGD will elect two new Executive Counselors. These are member-at-large positions on the IAGD Executive Committee, for a term of two years. These appointed officers will assist the Executive Director in all areas of administration and promotion of the Association. To nominate, please send an email with the nominee’s complete contact information to email@example.com.
- IAGD becomes an Associated Society with GSA! On April 28, 2013, The International Association of Geoscience Diversity (IAGD) became an Associated Society of the Geological Society of America (GSA). This is an important step for the recognition of access and inclusion of students and scientists with disabilities. It is also a huge boost of progressive thinking and will help broaden participation of the geoscience workforce. To view the Divisions and Associated Societies of GSA, please visit http://www.geosociety.org/divisions/.
Visit us at booth #113! The IAGD will again be partnering with the International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS) Commission on Geoscience Education, Training and Technology Transfer (COGE) at the 2013 GSA Annual Meeting, October 27-30, in Denver, Colorado, USA. The IAGD/IUGS-COGE booth (#113) will be in prime location in the Exhibit Hall. Please be sure to stop by, say hello, and get an IAGD sticker for your name badge.
June 2014 IAGD Newsletter: Greetings from the IAGD DirectorChris Atchison, , IAGD June 2014 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newesletters, Newsletters, 0
1. Greetings from the IAGD Director IAGD Friends, I am continually energized by the building momentum of our...
July 2015 IAGD Newsletter: Letter from the Executive DirectorChris Atchison, , IAGD July 2015 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
1. Letter from the Executive Director Dear IAGD Community, Each year I have the pleasure of teaching a lesson...
January 2016 IAGD Newsletter: Seeking Foundation SponsorshipChris Atchison, , IAGD January 2016 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
6. Seeking Foundation Sponsorship The IAGD is currently seeking individual and corporate sponsorship to achieve our foundation goals. IAGD...
June 2013 IAGD Newsletter: Instructional Accommodation Workshop Coming to 2013 AGUChris Atchison, , IAGD June 2013 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
5. Instructional Accommodation Workshop Coming to 2013 AGU The Instructional Approaches to Access, Accommodation, and Inclusion of Students with...
January 2014 IAGD Newsletter: IAGD Global AmbassadorsChris Atchison, , IAGD January 2014 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
3. IAGD Global Ambassadors Are you interested in representing your country on the IAGD Network? The IAGD will be...
July 2015 IAGD Newsletter: Remembering Summer 2014Chris Atchison, , IAGD July 2015 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
9. Remembering Summer 2014 IAGD Participated in an NSF-Sponsored Workshop on Diversity in the Computational Geosciences Caitlin Callahan and...
June 2013 IAGD Newsletter: IAGD Community DevelopmentChris Atchison, , IAGD June 2013 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
9. IAGD Community Development New IAGD community Google Group coming soon! In the coming weeks, you will receive an...
Upcoming Awards and Events 2018Chris Atchison, , IAGD January 2018 Newsletter, IAGD Newsletters, IAGD Newsletters, Newsletters, 0
IAGD IGER Award The IAGD Inclusive Geoscience Education and Research (IGER) Awards recognize outstanding efforts in promoting, developing, and/or...
The IAGD is a 501c3, volunteer-driven, non-profit organization. 100% of all donations support inclusive and accessible programs for students and geoscientists with disabilities.