November 29th is Giving Tuesday, one of the most important days for non-profit organizations working towards annual fundraising goals. The IAGD has received a generous offer to match donations up to $5,000 through the end of December, so we are going for our stretch goal of $10,000. We are halfway there! With the matching pledge, you can double your impact when you donate now through the end of the year! The IAGD is a 501c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Your donations support the Student Pathways Scholarships to help keep geoscience students with disabilities in geoscience programs, conference support for the IAGD Student Ambassadors, the IGER Award for inclusive excellence in the geosciences, and the IAGD annual Accessible Field Trip hosted during the Geological Society of America Annual meeting.
Here are some ways you can help, even if you don’t have much (or anything) to give:
- Donate directly via PayPal, or contact us for a mailing address.
- Buy some merchandise from our Teespring Shop.
- Use Amazon Smile instead of Amazon and select The International Association for Geoscience Diversity as your charity of choice. The IAGD will get a small donation from Amazon for every eligible purchase you make. Doing some cyber Monday shopping? You could be supporting the IAGD while you shop!
- Share the IAGD posts on social media, and create your own posts about why the IAGD is worth supporting this year.
And finally, the IAGD is grateful to those of you who have already donated. We’d like to especially thank those that have donated at the bronze, silver, or gold levels:
- Gold Donors ($500+): Jeffrey & Wendi Williams, The Family of Nancy Riggs
- Silver Donors ($250+): Chris Atchison
- Bronze Donors ($100+): Merilie Reynolds, Roy Plotnick, Sean Thatcher, Tom Thatcher
We truly appreciate our amazing community and wish you all a great holiday season!
Anita & Sean
IAGD Executive Director & Director of Operations